Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting Abroad With Usb Modem Stick Pro

JosK
Not applicable
Hi forum,

I have a USB Modem Stick Pro, which works fine in the UK. However, I have never been able connect abroad. I phoned Vodofone to check whether it needed unlocking or so, but they told me it should work fine. I have a pay monthly business contract. I have tried to connect in major cities in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and at various airports, including Berlin, Amsterdam, Zurich and Vienna. No connection, it only ever shows Vodafone UK as the only network. I guess I need to set up something under the "manage connections" tab, but I can not find any detailed instructions anywhere, and I don't seem to manage it using my intuition. I use a Dell Latitude X1 laptop. Help! Jos
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Jos,

You should be able to manually roam onto the correct network by clicking on Tools > Select Network.
This will scan for available networks in your area and display them on the screen. You'll need to pick the appropriate roaming network for that country, which you can find on our Going Abroad website.

Now usually your data-card should automatically connect to the appropriate roaming network, and this should be displayed on the main Connection screen in Vodafone Mobile Connect (next to the Connect button). It should never show "Vodafone UK" on this screen while abroad.

If you're not able to connect to any networks, it sounds like we might need to double-check that all roaming bars have been correctly lifted from your account and that there are no errors with your number. If that's the case, reply to the email I've sent you asking for account details. Once we have these we can then try and resolve this for you over email :)

Looking forward to getting you up and running :)

Jon

eForum Team