Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dashboard Question

Wull
Not applicable
I've emailed customer services asking on how I can check what bandwidth I have used and how much I have left for the month, I was sold the unlimited data plan which is not so unlimited which is criminal in my book but thats another topic.

The response I got was I could check my dashboard, no pointers as to what dashboard is, where it is etc. I've looked about a bit and from what I can see dashboard is an app I download and install on the PC, is this correct?

If so, what can I use from the phone to check how much I have used?

Any other pointers with dashboard would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

It would be really useful if we could find out what fone you have.

Nice

Wull
Not applicable
Samsung Omnia i900

Wull
Not applicable
Groan, this is hopeless. I called customer services and asked about dashboard, this entity I have been informed I can use by the customer service email. Customer Services didn't know and replied that the phone couldn't tell me how much data I had used and that I would need to call 191 to find out.

Getting different info each time I ask here, it's about 4 days down the line and no clear answer, surely to god at the very least I can just send a flippin text message or something. Why does vodafone see this as more complicated than it actually is?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Wull,

I can understand why you’re frustrated but don’t worry there are a few things you can do here!

Firstly, you could try calling 44555. A text message is then sent to your phone advising of your unbilled usage so far. Please note however that not all accounts have the data sent via this text though – this is currently being worked on so that all customers can receive data usage via this method.

Also, you can register for online billing and monitor your unbilled usage online! Registering for My Account is really useful as you can manage and administer your account online! Take a look for more information!

All the best,

Jenny
eForum Team

Wull
Not applicable
I could swear that when I was sold my last contract someone showed me a way to get data usage texted to my phone but I just can't seem to find anyone to remind me how to achieve this.
It could be 44555, I'm not sure. I am trying it at the moment but it doesn't seem to be offering any info at the moment, have tried but getting absolutely no texts at all and http://online.vodafone.co.uk is displaying

Customer Notice. Sorry...

We're making improvements to our web site, which means this part of the site will be down for a short while.

The rest of the site is working as normal - use these links to continue browsing.

Retired-David_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Wull,

It seems you were trying to access the online billing when we updating the systems, sorry about this you should be able to access this service now no problems if this is continuing post back and we can look into this for you.

Any luck with the 44555 service? I have just tried this myself and it would seem there are no issues with it at the moment (other than I now know how much I have used :( ).

Don’t worry we will resolve this issue for you, if you are still experiencing issues just post back and we can look into this for you.

Thanks B-)

David
eForum Team

Wull
Not applicable
Hi, the texts did come through eventually but they don't tell me anything about my data usage. TYo log into My Account and check from there seems a bit of a fiddly way to do it. I don't think Vodafone are set up really to allow a quick and simple means of monitoring this info. I think what I'm going to do when I get a spare moment is look to see if there are any apps for Windows Mobile out there that will allow me to monitor bandwidth usage.

Thanks anyway, if you guys do get something like that together please let me know.