Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data not allocating to video pass

Tommytwocrates
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I purchased a mifi dongle in November with a 50G data allowance and added the video pass. I have watched various programmes on the Netflix, Amazon Prime and Youtube apps and during the first two months the video pass recorded the data that I had saved from my 50G inclusive limit during this time. Infact hardly any of the 50G inclusive data was used during this period. However, during the current billing period I have suddenly used all of the 50G inclusive data in the first nine days and the video pass is registering 0G of data used even though I have continued using the mifi to watch tv on the above apps just as I did in the first two months. When I called customer services they were helpful and ran various checks on my account but were unable to explain why this is happening and so transferred me to technical. Technical suggested switching the mifi off and then on again but when this didn't solve the issue they too were at a loss as to what to do. I currently have £109 of out of plan charges on my account which I have been assured will be refunded but in the meantime I have had to switch the mifi off. Can anybody help me with this please?

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for the response Mark. The issue I have is that I was grossly missinformed when taking out the product. The only reason I chose to take this package out was to stream to my smart TV.

I specifically asked this question to the vodafone salesperson on the phone and he confirmed this was OK. It seems like I am not the only one to be told this when purchsing video pass, therefore, I find it very missleading and am extremely unhappy that I have been hit with these charges. Especially as it only happened on the 4th month of me using the product and I was not allerted via text that I was over my data allowance. Being able to rack up £195 in one day by watching Netflix in the same way I had for the previous three months is extremely harsh in my view.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you were misadvised when you added the Video Pass @smf08.

We'll be happy to feed this back for you to ensure that this is investigated internally.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.