Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does anyone know what this discount is?

TheLightMayBe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I have the £33 plan one month rolling plan. It looks like a £4 discount had been applied to £37 which I never had the previous months but fine that still makes it £33 a month just seems to be how Voda are billing it since the £33 plan no longer exists.

But then there’s an additional £3.61 taken off and I have no idea what this is for. Customer service don’t know either, they’re response is basically, yeah we don’t know, sorry. Money off is great but I don’t want this taken off every month if Voda are going to come back to me at a later date and demand all the money back.

Any ideas as to what this is would be appreciated.
717F0816-DA04-4C0D-9B5B-12D86A2FEB6A.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @TheLightMayBe  if you are concerned probably best to call Vodafone as no one here can access your account information to help you find out what it is. 

AnnS

Hi @TheLightMayBe 

The clue may be when you mention the £33.00 plan no longer exist and your total charges are £37.00.

Vodafone may have changed your account to one of the latest plans here:  Unlimited Max Plan Data .  If this is what Vodafone have done, they may have credited back pro rata charges for the previous 30 days before moving you onto the latest 30 day plan.

I may be wrong but as @63johnw  rightly mentioned,  it will need account access to clarify what has happened.  Alternatively, just follow this Contact and speak to the Social Media Team.

Thanks for your help! I think the £4 is explained by exactly that; they are honouring the £33 but have moved me to the £37. (Though to be clear, I’ve had no confirmation of this after checking my inbox and junk folder.)

The £-3.61, however, is a complete mystery. I have now spoken to two Vodafone reps on the phone and neither of them knew the reason for either discount, so I guess it wasn’t just a bad rep. I’ve messaged them on Facebook chat and I am awaiting a reply from them so let’s see if they have any further information!

AnnS

Yes @TheLightMayBe 

If Vodafone have changed your tariff, they would have credited back part of (pro rata) rental paid in advance to bring you in line with your billing date, this may only one day for the tariff change and may show fully on the next months bill.

It's so confusing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TheLightMayBe! As @AnnS says, we do credit back pro-rata charges following a tariff change, but we'd never make a change like this to your account without discussing it with you first! As you've advised you've already contacted us via Facebook, I'd recommend giving the team a little time to get back to you. I'm sure they'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you 😊