Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dongle Will Not Load Software

pappa-t
Not applicable
:unsure:

Hi I have a vodafone dongle and intially it worked but very very slow so i took it off the software off my computer. then i went to reinstall it again. But this time when i plugged it into the USB the light on the dongle flashes but it will not load the software and install it on my laptop. So now i do not know
how i can get the software on my laptop, therefore I can not use it. Is there anway of prompting it to load the software or any other way??

Btw i use windows vista if thats any help.

Thanks

pappa-t
2 REPLIES 2

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
What happens if you uninstall the component on your laptop, reboot, and put the dongle back in again?
Neil

Retired-Andy_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi pappa-t

As Neil Brown has suggested it sounds like you haven’t fully uninstalled the VMC software from your computer which would stop it from auto installing when you plug the device back in. You would need to do this first and then you should be able to install the software directly from the modem.

Alternatively you can click here to download the software directly from our website.

As a user of the forum I can see that you like to manage things online. Are you aware that you can view your bills online any time of the day or night? It’s a great service and I would be lost without it. Why not take a look?

Cheers

Andy H
eForum Team