Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Draytek Vigor 2860ac setup with E3372

tbuk1982
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, Hoping someone may be able to help out here, I am currently trying to setup my Draytek Vigor 2860ac router using a Huawei Unlocked E3372 LTE/4G USB Modem (certified compatible by Dreytek) and a contract SIM from Vodafone. SO far I have:

tried using PPP mode on the router - never had a connection, at all - settings were APN:internet, user: web pass: web

tried setting it up using the DHCP method on WAN 3 (USB 1) with APN: internet user: web pass: web - said it was connected and sending receiving packets but as soon as I pulled the VDSL lead from the router to use only the 4G SIM I had no connection on any device connected to the router either wireless or wired. Local access only.

Local access allowed me to get into the E3372 web setup page, which said signal strength was good but it was not connected. Struck me as a little odd as the router info still said connected.

I have a feeling im missing something obvious here, I have trawled the internet and this forum for a possible solution trying all sorts of dial strings in the PPP setup to no avail. I cannot find anyone that has these exact same router/modem combo, some are close but still no cigar. Any help would be most appreciated, thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tbuk1982 Apologies for the delay in reaching your post, have you had any luck with getting this to work?

If not, please let us know in more detail what it is you're trying to do and we'll advise you further :Smiling:

Damosnelly
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Change the router for a 2862ln and you can use the SIM directly in the router with the standard APN names and pay monthly credentials for login. 

I have tried this and it works fine. 

Yeees, I had considered that but just spent a sizeable chunk on this router so was slightly reluctant to do the same again. Now I know that will work for sure, I may well do! Thanks for the advice.