Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

E172 Dongle - Are They Locked ?

dennisf
4: Newbie
Hi, as i may be leaving voda next month, my 3 phones are unlocked sim free, but is my broadband dongle unlocked, and if not, how do i get it unlocked.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Dennisf

Your Dongle will be locked to the Vodafone Network. If you head over to the NUC Thread it gives you all the information you'll need in order to get this sorted.

Can I ask though, why are you leaving us? Is there anything we can help with that will convince you to stay with us....:( We'll miss you :(

Let me know and I'm sure we'll be able to help

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

dennisf
4: Newbie
Hi Dennisf

Your Dongle will be locked to the Vodafone Network. If you head over to the NUC Thread it gives you all the information you'll need in order to get this sorted.

Can I ask though, why are you leaving us? Is there anything we can help with that will convince you to stay with us.... :( We'll miss you :(

Let me know and I'm sure we'll be able to help

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team
Hi Wayne, my reasons for leaving after 23 years are various.

1) I do not like being lied to by sales staff, luckily i always record my conversations with them, and after my last contract renewal last August, was able to play the relevant parts of my conversation back, when it appeared what i was told i would get, was not what i actually received.

2) Continual problems with billing, have not had a 100% correct bill since last July, and i have lost the will to spend hours on the phone each month trying to sort things out.

3) for many years i was on a group saver tarrif, which basically gave me a pool of minutes, to use between my 3 handsets, i was persuaded to change it by the sales dept, enough said. O2 still have a similar arrangement, and that's what i am looking at. Currently using a roaming sim, to make sure their coverage is in place where i need it, and if it is, i'm off. I am sorry to say the level of customer care has become useless, and with the introduction of offshore call centres, has made it even worse, do not big companies ever learn from their customers, voda should join up with bt, another company with appaling call centres.

maxraz
Not applicable

Very Happy Blackberry User!!!!