Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

E220 Modem

southldnlad25
Not applicable
I have had my E220 modem for just over a year now. i have had no problem with it until now. I have send the modem in for repair 3 times in the last 2 weeks as i cannot connect to the internet, my device is not being detected. the 3rd time i sent it in it was replaced and it still isn't working. i can connect using my mobile as a modem so i know its not a problem with my computer. Can anyone help?
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
I have had my E220 modem for just over a year now. i have had no problem with it until now. I have send the modem in for repair 3 times in the last 2 weeks as i cannot connect to the internet, my device is not being detected. the 3rd time i sent it in it was replaced and it still isn't working. i can connect using my mobile as a modem so i know its not a problem with my computer. Can anyone help?

Hi Southldnlad,

Can you give us a bit more information about the problem you're having? Is the device being detected by Vodafone Mobile Connect? Do you get any lights on the modem when you plug it in, and does Windows recognise the device? Do you see the modem appear as a CD Drive under My Computer?

Although your phone may be working as a modem, that's no real reason to rule out your computer as a possible factor in this, as they are two seperate devices with different drivers and requirements. The best way to confirm your computer is not at fault, would be to try the modem in another PC and see if the same problem happens.

Let us know as much detail as you can, and we should be able to help you out with some more suggestions :)

Jon

eForum Team