Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

E220 On Vista 64

sim_barri
Not applicable
I'm running Vista 64 bit which I gather if a problem (the guys at the shop were very helpful and suggested I take the Huawei E220 as there is more support available).

I have managed to set up the modem on my computer. It looks to connect ok but internet explorer refuses to access the internet. When I click diagnose it states that I need to plug a cable into the local area connection.

This leads me to think that its a driver issue. On checking the modem driver it states that the driver is not digitally signed. I'm hoping that this is the problem and I saw somewhere on the forum a fix for this but now can't find it. Any ideas?

It only appears on devices as a modem and a cd rom drive(?) is that correct?

I would be grateful for any help you can give.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Simbar,

The drivers not being digitally signed is normal, and nothing to worry about :)

When you say the modem appears to connect ok, is this using the Vodafone Mobile Connect software? Is it showing as successfully connected to the Vodafone UK network?

Do other internet-based applications connect ok? Such as Windows Live Messenger, or Anti-Virus updates?

It may be that Internet Explorer is simply running on Offline mode. If this is the case, click on File > Work Offline (it will have a tick next to it if activated, which you need to untick in order to connect). This should get you back up and running :)

Let me know how you get on and if that doesn't fix it, we'll see what we can do.

Jon

eForum Team

sim_barri
Not applicable
Jon,

Thanks for the reply. The Vodafone Mobile Connection software was working and showed me as being successfully connected to the Vodafone network.

I don't think that any other applications are working either, I tried firefox and it didn't work, windows updater isn't working and the digital tv software cannot download information.

I spoke to technical support last night and as soon as I mentioned Vista 64 (home premium service pack 1) they pointed me towards the business website and told me to download Vodafone Mobile Connect for Vista. I couldn't see that but I have downloaded VMC 9.3.6 (which states that it is compatible with Vista 64) and E220Update_11[1}.110.05.00.0 and was going to try them tonight.

Should that get it working?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi simbar,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

I'd give that a go! Vista 64 bit does react slightly differently to the 32bit versions.

Please let us know how you got on with that and if that sorted things for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions and we'll be more than happy to help

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team