cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GigaCube disconnects every so often, wired and wireless.

Liudom
2: Seeker

I bought into a plan for the GigaCube and 5G Unlimited literally a few days ago and had only set it up yesterday. (I have only used 17GB so far)

Every so often (can be minutes or seconds) it will disconnect from the internet and the only way to fix it is to basically restart the cube. The Gigacube has all its lights on bare in mind, so no indication that its dropped signal.

I will have no wireless or wired internet connection at this point.

When I run to diagnose from the app, it will show a connection to the carrier as fine, but then to the Internet icon with a red cross.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware aswell.

I had a feeling it's idling and disconnecting but 'that's just me thinking out load.

I'm thinking of returning this since I'm still in my 14 day cooling off period, It's not something I want to have to do every time it disconnects if it is an idling feature that cant be turned off at the cube settings. It's advertised for home broand to replace the cables, but doesnt act like one at all.

7 REPLIES 7

Liudom

Any help would be great 🤞🏼

I found what the issue is, after 6 days of constant pain its the firmware!

Fix this bug guys.. comeon!

I found this issue when you had supplied a replacement saying it was a hardware issue.

When the new gigacube arrived I never updated the firmware and it worked flawlessly!

As soon as I upgraded, started to disconnect every 5 minutes with this damn bill popup.

StephanieMc

I received mine 2 weeks ago and was pleased with the service, but today it keeps disconnecting.

LondonHouse
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have the same problem with my gigacube even when I'm sitting right next to it. Beyond frustrating and obviously, disappointing. Is there any resolution to this? 

Sorry guys, I spent months with this issue going back and forth with Vodafone. To which they just didn’t know how to fix it even though I told them it was a firmware issue.

They refused to allow me to roll back making this a frustrating experience.

in the end due to the lack of effort and very poor customer service, I took it back. Record of issues helped me give it back with a refund.

Shocking by Vodafone tbh. I left another provider for the offered speeds and i got them in the first week and then down to 17mbps.