Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube hopeless

Nickliv
2: Seeker

I am at my wit's end with my Gigacube.

It gives under .5 of a meg all evening, only improving when reset, and even then only for under 30 minutes. When the SIM goes in my s20 it shows 15mb plus.

I've been onto support numerous times, the router is not fit for purpose, and as it came bundled in my contract, I believe I should be able to cancel without penalty.

6 REPLIES 6

Nickliv

We have an external aerial, so it isn't that, and I regularly check the network status.  No problems logged.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nickliv I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you! I'd recommend reaching out to our Social Media team here. They'll be able to run through some troubleshooting for you and advise your best options.

I've done the troubleshooting via support on a number of occasions I'm afraid, reallocating networks, resetting sim in phone, the whole works. 

WEEE
3: Seeker

I'm having the exact problem, the network started off great with 30mbps sometimes even above 60 Mbps. 

In the beginning, the network would break off once or twice a week, after 4 months the network is just constantly fluctuating, the download speed goes to 0.00mbps every day a few times. 

I tried to contact their technical team, all they tell me is to do the same troubleshooting steps, restart, take out the sim card  and manually select network on my phone, put it next to the window and blablabla, I have done these steps over 10 times over the past few months, and even did a sim swap to make sure the sim card was working. 

But the network is just not working, when I ask them to escalate it, they would say they need to do all the troubleshooting steps again. So far they have escalated twice already and no manager has called me back, I have called Vodafone again today, escalating the matter for the third time. God knows if someone will actually call me back this time. 

To anyone reading this, if you are thinking about getting the gigacube or anything from Vodafone, LOOK AWAY, there are better companies out there. 

WEEE

I bought a 5g gigacube in June 2021, the network started off great with 30mbps sometimes even above 60 Mbps. 

In the beginning, the network would break off once or twice a week, when I contact Vodafone they would say there is maintenance work in my area. After 4 months the network is just constantly fluctuating, the download speed goes to 0.00mbps every day a few times, I wonder how long the maintenance work needs to be for Vodafone, and why do the customers have to pay for the network speed of 0.00 Mbps. 

I tried to contact their technical team over the months, all they tell me is to do the same troubleshooting steps, restart, take out the sim card and manually select network on my phone, put it next to the window and blablabla, I have done these steps for more than 10 times over the past few months, and even did a sim swap to make sure the sim card was working. 

But the network is just not working, when I ask them to escalate the matter to the manager, they would say they need to do all the troubleshooting steps again, some even refused to escalate the issue because at the time of calling the network was working, even if I tell them that my network fluctuates very badly and the speed could go to 0.00 Mbps the next minute.

So far I have called and chatted online with Vodafone more than 15 times over the past few months, they have escalated twice already and no manager has called me back, I have called Vodafone again today, escalating the matter for the third time. God knows if someone will actually call me back this time. 

To anyone reading this, if you are thinking about getting the gigacube or anything from Vodafone, LOOK AWAY, there are better companies out there.

I am entitled to a free cancellation since Vodafone is not performing its obligations, an internet speed of 0.00 Mbps is NOT NETWORK. No one should be paying for this kind of network. 

I’m having exactly the same issue. They refuse to allow me to cancel. 5 months this has been going on!

for comparison i gas exactly the same issue with EE (I live in a rural area). 2 or 3 phone calls with tech support, and they said they couldn’t fix it as it’s a network coverage issue and cancelled my contract. So easy, 

wheras Vodafone it’s now month 5 and STILL waiting on the mythical manager to call. I guess it’s ombudsman or small claims court under the consumer contract regulations which replaced the distance selling regs (although obviously little things like laws don’t apply to Vodafone).