main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Gigacube shockingly slow

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I bought the GigaCube having been sold on it's "Amazing speeds in rural areas compared to cable" 
When I spoke to the salesperson, they told me that Vodafone was the superior network and that unlike other's whose internet would slow down significantly during peak times, The gigacube would be reliable and consistent.

However So far the service has been anything but fast, and certainly not consistent. I have contacted customer support about the issue once before and was told that it was probably down to my signal strength or how many people are using the service, somewhat contradicting the salesperson who sold me the device

Since having the device, I have not successfully been able to watch Netflix or even a youtube video without spending most of the time Buffering (in fact it has taken several attempts to load this page!). My signal is at full strength (i.e 5 bars shown on the router app)

To be fair, Upload speeds have been tolerable but downspeeds have averaged less than 100kbps and I think i've only seen it go over 1mb a couple of times on the network monitor.

I've tried using the Ethernet cable but it's the same as Wifi. From what I can see on this forum I'm not the only person to have had this problem. I can only assume that there is some kind of problem or throttling going on so if someone from Vodafone could assist...

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Thundorn 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can take a look for you. I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

What the Network Mast checker does not show is possible mast congestion too.

Here are a few similar threads that may help.

Super-slow-gigacube-4g. 

Slow-speeds-from-Vodafone-Gigacube-5G. 

Slow-Gigacube-Speeds. 

I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you and I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi @Thundorn 

The problem with the Gigacube is unlike a fixed Broadband connection, it's still dependent on a mobile phone signal and you are going to expect some fluctuation with speed especially in a rural location, even more so at this time of year with more tree growth than in winter blocking out some of the signal.

I will refer you to this following link Network Issues  where it is recommended to check your signal from the coverage checker where you should be able to get an indication of the speed you can expect to achieve at the location. 

If you would like further help and advice follow this link to speak directly to the Social Team.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Thundorn 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can take a look for you. I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

What the Network Mast checker does not show is possible mast congestion too.

Here are a few similar threads that may help.

Super-slow-gigacube-4g. 

Slow-speeds-from-Vodafone-Gigacube-5G. 

Slow-Gigacube-Speeds. 

I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you and I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have the same problem. It worked fine up to a few months ago. Now sometimes I only get dial up speed. Really disappointing and the Helpdesk never fixes it. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Jarmstrong1000 - I appreciate how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now.

I would advise the same as @BandOfBrothers and @AnnS have above. Gigacubes run off of the mobile network, so it's worth checking your 4G network coverage in your area 😊

Also don't hesitate to drop us a message on social media so we check your account and run through further troubleshooting.

View more options