main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

Gigacube time out on one website (all others ok)

throwaway321
2: Seeker

I have one website that I'm unable to login to when I connect via the Gigacube, I've tried multiple browsers and devices, it will maybe load 1/10 times.
It loads up ok on my old internet (sky broadband) and when I use my phone (vodafone 4g) as a hotspot

 

The error given via Chrome is that
'The site cannot be reached
login.ipipeline.uk.com took too long to respond'
Similar errors on Firefox, Edge, Brave and all of them suggest a time out related issue due to connection.

Any suggestions welcome please?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Mark
Moderator

That's really strange @throwaway321, for it to work on your other connections but not your Gigacube. The error message you're receiving doesn't indicate it is, but have you checked your content control settings? The site may have age restrictions on it and if you've not got the correct settings, this could stop you accessing it. You can update your settings for any number connected to your account using the My Vodafone app 

View more options
throwaway321
2: Seeker

Thanks, I'll try that. I presume I have to login to the myvodafone account on the website?
I'm not sure where you would access the app for gigacube

 

 

After more experiments I also cannot access the Mozilla VPN website and also get the same error message.

View more options
Farai
Moderator

That is correct @throwaway321, you would have to access My Vodafone using a browser. You can also reach out to our dedicated Gigafast team by calling 08080 034 515 from any UK mobile or landline. They'd be more than happy to help you adjust you content control settings as well 👍

View more options
throwaway321
2: Seeker

I managed to phone up to get the changes in content control in place.
All issues seem to be resolved by the DNS change from default and removal of content control

View more options