Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Great Signal No Connection

spangleit
Not applicable
Newbie to the forum

One of my users, has a problem once or twice a week.

he has the k3760, under VMC it shows connected with 3 to 4 bars.

He can send SMS messages, but not get any internet access or email with outlook. this can last for half a day or a full day.

He takes his laptop home get 1 to 2 bars, and has perfect connection in outlook and IE7.

next day at work ( Kensington west london ) maybe a problem or it can work perfectly for about 4 days.

It can't be the laptop setup as it works at home and we have swapped the laptop for a different one

Tried pinging domains in cmd window on problem days and temp disable firewall, no reply.
Is this a network/gateway issue?
3 REPLIES 3

JD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi spangleit

Welcome to the eForum :)

As this problem doesn't happen at home the issue is going to be caused by a location specific problem. Can you get back to me with the work postcode and I'll check out the traffic on the sites in the area.

Speak again soon.

Cheers

J
eForum Team

spangleit
Not applicable
Hi Jay

Thanks for the response, sorry I have not got back to you earlier.

The connection has been working okay untill yesterday 5th May, but worked okay in the evening at home. Today it is working fine.

the postcode is W8 7BJ

I have just sent the user a link to the 1.50 firmware update as he is on 1.3.2.2

Retired-MattyD1
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi spangleit

I glad to see that the broadband is up and running again.

I've had a look at the sites around that postcode and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the network.

Let us know if the update has any effect or if they still get the same issue.

Here is the link for the latest software for the K3760 for those of you who don't know where to find it.
Thanks

MattyD

eForum team