Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Have I Got The Right Dongle

tonyleach
1: Seeker
I signed up to a pay monthly package about 6 weeks ago and was given (in a Vodafone Shop) a white USB Dongle (USB Modem Stick Lite), is this the right one for a contract. I did query this at the time and was told that there were problems with the black pro stick? Is this right, or were they fobbing me off because they hadn't got the right modem?

Querying it as was out with a colleague today and he had the pro stick, mine always says connecting to 3g, however his mention HDSPA when connecting and was clearly quicker!

Thanks

Tony
4 REPLIES 4

bryanblencowe
4: Newbie
i can confirm that there are compatability problems with the lack dongles i had one and it worked on my older laptop didnt work on my brand new one and have constant issues on my desktop i now have a white stick lite and never had and issue's again

Also i was told the only diffrances between the two is the black pro has a quicker upload speed but down load is the same.
Your White stick runs HSDA too

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi FatFlatty,

As you can see BB_Geek has had a positive experience with the white dongle compared to the black one, but is correct in saying that both are capable of HSDPA speeds.

Check out our Modems Page for more info.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

tonyleach
1: Seeker
Cheers guys for the comments.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi FatFlatty,

You are most welcome!!

Cheers,