cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hotmail via Outlook 2010 'connector' stopped working?

tmantell
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have been using VF 3G for many years & on the most - all works fine & reliable.

However, I am now having a problem.

The Problem:

- Using MS Outlook 2010 with hotmail email no longer connects - just errors with a failure to login.

This has always previously worked fine but stopped working about 3 wks ago on VF 3G.

All other IMAP mail ect works fine & connection from home or public wifi - all works fine. However, connecting to VF 3G & connection to my emila hotmail fails,

I welcome your feedback on why this might be happening.

fyi

- Nothing has changed on laptop recently & all works fine with a Three SIM

Thanks,

T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

It seems to now be fixed again - thank you.

(fyi - my IP is 212.183.140)

I hope not to have this problem again but will post again if it does,

Cheers,

T

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

RupertTheFridge
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Can you access Hotmail via a web browser when connected to 3G? When it fails do you get any specific error message, and if so, what is it? Just wondering if the service has been firewalled in some way.

Hi,

Yes, webmail seems to work okay - the problem seems seems only via outlook but only on VF 3G. All works fine on any WIFI  &if I insert a Three SIM, also works fine,

Cheers,

T

Hi tmantell

I suspect you may need to tweak your outlook time out a little if connecting 3G 

Do you get any kind of error message?

What pop server are you using to connect to?

If you can answer the above question, I will do some testing on this to see if I can resolve this for you.

Thanks

BenJ

eForum Team

VodafoneUK 

Hi,

I am using the 'hotmail' connector with MS Outlook; you cannot tweak this - but it works great to give you rich features of Outlook & is fully supported client setup.

This method has worked fine for many years & has only recently stopped worki ng when I connect to VF 3G.

If I connect to home or public WIFI or use the 'Three' SIM in my laptop - it works fine.

I dont get an error message as such - it just says 'service failed to connect - try again' - but trying again never works unless I move to WIFI or insert the Three SIM.

I had assumed you were maybe blocking this protocol, perhaps by mistake - because as I say - until about 3 weeks ago it always worked fine.

The problem is email only via Outlook and using the hotmail connector.

I look forward to your further assistance,

Cheers,

T

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tmantell,

Cheers for your post about using this setup.

I'm afraid I have no knowledge of this so will hand this over to one of my colleagues who should be able to offer more relevant advice.

Kindest regards,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi,

I am not sure if you did something but this morning my 'hotmail' email connection in Outlook is working again - thanks.

This feature has not worked for a month & was not working on Thursday - but today it seems to be working again,

I do have another related issue but will perhaps raise a new request 

(which is that that MS 'onenote which you can set to sync with web never works on VF 3G - works fine on WIFI etc but always fails to login with a 'connection error' when using VF,

Cheers,

Hi tmantell,

It's good to hear that that is working for you now.

I can also see that my colleague DaveCD has emailed you to get your details regarding your new issue on another thread, so if you reply back to that we'll be happy to see what we can find out for you.

Dave

eForum Team

Hi,
I would of liked to know how this was solved, as worked for years then stopped working for past 3-4 weeks, then is okay again after my logging as issue - but the actual resolution is unclear?
Cheers,
T

Hi tmantell,

Thanks for your post here. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure what has made this start working again. We would have told you if we had done anything to fix this for you.

At least it is now working so please let us know if you need anything else and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne