Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How Too Force 3g?

deadduck
Not applicable
Is there a way to force 3g without using the VMClite software?

I know the modem/datacard should automatically select the better band but i get poor reception, however 3g works on my dongle when I force it, but I could do with knowing if theres a method to force 3g though dial up up or the standed connect softwware (for various reasons).

Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2

cjm1979
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Is there a way to force 3g without using the VMClite software?

I know the modem/datacard should automatically select the better band but i get poor reception, however 3g works on my dongle when I force it, but I could do with knowing if theres a method to force 3g though dial up up or the standed connect softwware (for various reasons).

Can anyone help?

Yes there is a way through the vmc software. You will need to disconnect from your connection first and then its either in manage connections or manage device and i think there is an option called network. Select 3g only. I cant be more exact because im at work and dont have it on this pc.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi deadduck,

A warm welcome to the eForum! You’ve come to the right place to get this sorted! :D

cjm’s response above is spot on! Give this a go and let us know if you need any further assistance with this.

Also, as you’re an online user, have you signed up for Vodafone online billing yet? Through the My Account pages you can keep control of your account, manage your services and check your bills! Take a look for more information!

All the best,

Jenny
eForum Team