cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How could I use 3GB in one afternoon?! £85 charge!

jojie4584
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have 2GB mobile broadband for my laptop. Never in the 7 years I have had this have I gone over my usage. I use it at work to check emails, update Facebook and place orders.

Somehow last Monday I used 4GB. Up until that point I had used 1.2GB. How could I have used that much?! All I was doing was my usual internet activity - Facebook and emails.  I now have an extra £85 on my bill and I am unable to use my mobile broadband until I pay 50% of this.

The nice lady in the Vodafone store said I should ask to get my bill recalculated because in her opinion it is incorrect. When I asked online chat for this they refused, saying the bill is automatically generated and is correct.

Help!

8 REPLIES 8

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@jojie4584

I don't know whether you had seen this thread?

Are you able to provide details of the amounts of data you are supposed to have used, and when? See the details from some other accounts shown there.

If anything similar seems to have happened to you, please say so asap, so that one of the Vodafone Team here can look into the matter further.

Thanks @Annie_N

I think my case is different because I was online, on my laptop at the time. I just don't know how I could have used so much data in such a small space of time.

DATA National   205.75 MB  14 Aug 2017  £6.50
DATA National   990.03 MB  14 Aug 2017  £19.50
DATA National   956.01 MB  14 Aug 2017  £26.00
DATA National   860.00 MB  14 Aug 2017  £26.00
DATA National   971.20 MB  14 Aug 2017  £6.50
DATA National   785.31 MB  11 Aug 2017  £0.00
DATA National   471.50 MB  22 Jul 2017    £0.00

Annie_N

@jojie4584

Do you have more precise time stamps for the usage on 14 August? Although you may have been online at the time, are you getting a sufficiently strong data signal for those amounts of usage to be plausible? I'm not sure that all the usage mentioned on the other thread has been while the customers were offline - it's more the sudden peak of usage, some of which doesn't seem to be possible in terms of speeds achieved/achievable, which made me wonder about your case.

It may be something different, but any more information you can provide would be useful.

Ok I have posted in that thread too. How do I get the time stamps? I have seen it somewhere when looming at my details but I can't remember where.

Annie_N

As a PAYG customer, and not having had an MBB account for some considerable while, I'm out of my depth on where you might find more detailed information. But I'm sure that others will know the answer.

The only possible clue I can offer is that I see more detail of my usage when I view my online account via my PC than when I view it on my phone. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jojie4584 There's been an update on this thread - could this issue be the same as yours? 

Thanks @Alex, I have been keeping an eye on that thread and have posted an update as to my supposed download or laptop update!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jojie4584 - Thanks I’ve replied to your other post.