cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do you register for Vodafone when you only have a Giga Cube?

TUT999
2: Seeker

I can't receive the code to verify the numbers as the sim is in the Gigacube and Vodafone won't accept the order number as valid.  

Flummoxed

I really don't want to go through the palaver if I can avoid it:
1. Set up mobile wifi on another phone
2. Take the sim out of the GigaCube
3. Finding a spare phone in which to stick it, getting the code and entering it
4. Putting the sim back in the GigaCube and hoping it starts up again properly.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @TUT999 

I suspect your problem here is because the SIM is not activated, the SIM will activate when it makes a connection the network.  

When you are setting up an online account, you will receive the code as a pop up message on the PC screen.

edited to add:  Further information to enable you to register the SIM  and set up your online account here:  Getting Started with Vodafone Mobile Broadband 

Thank you for trying to help..  I am grateful.

I have been using my mobile broadband since the beginning of March.  It's activated.  I know this because one day the broadband shut off and I had to go through the fiasco scenario whilst speaking with someone on the phone at the same time.  It had to put the sim into a mobile to download an update.  (even though it had been working correctly for a month)  It was a complete nightmare and not one I care to repeat.

Vodafone need to fix their registration so that mobile broadband customers can register.

To register, they send a code to the phone, not the router display control.

The GigaCube is not recognised as Home Broadband, even though it is a home broadband option.

Vodafone's registration consider it  phone.   I had a similar issue with downloading updates about a month after I go the Cube.

I don't advise buying it until Vodafone sort out the support.  

It looks like I have to buy a spare phone just so I can receive the pin code to register for Vodafone support.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @TUT999 

You're very welcome for the reply.

Does a neighbour, friend or work colleague have a phone , spare phone that'll accept your sim just to be able to carry out what you need.

Crazy I know in regards what you now have to do to get this set up !

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

Totally understand and appreciate what your saying @TUT999 but inserting the Vodafone Sim Card in a phone maybe one of the options to use.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for that answer.  I don't have that option right now.  I gave my spare phone away.

The broadband sim doesn't connect from the phone directly, I have to use a wifi hotspot.  It can only receive messages on the phone, not connect.

topper88

when you connect a device to your gigacube open your browser, in your address bar ---enter http://192.168.8.1

Login with your password to your router (the gigacube) admin interface and navigate to 'advanced' tab on header bar then pick 'device information' on the side menu and if you are luckier than me, then you may find the corresponding number to the sim card.

Screenshot_20200527-215607_Chrome.jpg

 and I agree its poor delivery regarding  registration difficulties to myVodafone.

It would beat any impossible game in the appstore lol

Attached a screenshot that doesn't load in previous post