Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need help getting a refund

3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I took out a new contract In October 2017.  It is 1 of 6 mobiles on this account.  despite asking in store for the data to be capped ( as it is on all phones on thsi account) they did not cap the data or send usage notifications.  I discovered in April that I have been cahrged £6065.00 for exceeding data allownace.  The Store told us that it was thier mistake and requeted a refund for us.  We were then passed over to Prime Contact who have been telling us that the refund is authorised and High Value Team have to process it.  This has been going on for over a month.  Today, we have been told that the refund has been declined because in the Store's email for the refund request, teh store said " we could have mis-advised the cusotmer " and teh High Value Team does not accept that the assistant in shop could rememeber what he said 5 months ago and therefore not solid grounds for a refund

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's a heck of an amount of money @16

When I'm discussing data usage with people I always advise to self monitor by using myvodafone and the caps you can activate yourself in myvodafone and to use a phones or devices internal data monitor with some having usage alarms and limits as ultimately it's our responsibility to watch usage too. 

Also from past posts it's not good practice to rely on notifications from a network as they are not guaranteed to be received to the user. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who I'm sure will be able to help you further with this situation once they've read your post and engage with the department's who have already contacted you and declined the refund and see if they stand by that decision. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you - I need all the luck I can get !  It happened over a 5 month period (between November - March).  I hadnt checked my bills ...very silly I know but I had a very sad situation to deal with at home. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@16 - This isn’t a good a experience and is certainly a high amount of money.

We'll take a look at the account and look into what’s happening with what the store have requested.  So that we can help further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. 

Hi Gemma,

Himanshu [Removed] from the Vodafone Customer Relations Team has been promsing to call me back but isnt fullfilling that promise and eforum web help at vodafone are not respondign to my emails.  Please can you help .

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @16 have you managed to send us a Private Message with the link that Gemma sent you? We'll be able to chase it up further for you if that's the case. 

Yes I have sent Gemma a private message with all the details

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've emailed us using the link in @Gemma's private message @16, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

[#18621762]   this ref ? I think that the CEO's office is dealign with this now .  I will update you shortly . :Smiling:

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can see we contacted you on 16 May about this issue. If there's anything else we can help with, please reply to our latest email.