Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need help getting a refund

3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I took out a new contract In October 2017.  It is 1 of 6 mobiles on this account.  despite asking in store for the data to be capped ( as it is on all phones on thsi account) they did not cap the data or send usage notifications.  I discovered in April that I have been cahrged £6065.00 for exceeding data allownace.  The Store told us that it was thier mistake and requeted a refund for us.  We were then passed over to Prime Contact who have been telling us that the refund is authorised and High Value Team have to process it.  This has been going on for over a month.  Today, we have been told that the refund has been declined because in the Store's email for the refund request, teh store said " we could have mis-advised the cusotmer " and teh High Value Team does not accept that the assistant in shop could rememeber what he said 5 months ago and therefore not solid grounds for a refund

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @16

It's amazing Vodafone allowed a customer to run up such a large bill without a credit alert kicking in.  

Having mentioned that you must have used a tremendous amount of data to even incur such a large charge.  This is going to be something where the Team here on the forum will need to investigate and find the reason for such a large data usage.

The data cap is something a customers needs to apply and this can be done by following the information on the link below.

Data Caps

If you do not receive a satisfactory outcome, don't hestitate getting the Ombudsman involved.

It happened between November - March.  I hadnt checked my bills ...very silly I know but I had a very sad situation to deal with at home. 

Vodafone have asked through a private message link - they have asked me to send a link to my origianl message - can anyone tell me how to create a link to my message ?