main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

I need help getting a refund

3: Seeker

I took out a new contract In October 2017.  It is 1 of 6 mobiles on this account.  despite asking in store for the data to be capped ( as it is on all phones on thsi account) they did not cap the data or send usage notifications.  I discovered in April that I have been cahrged £6065.00 for exceeding data allownace.  The Store told us that it was thier mistake and requeted a refund for us.  We were then passed over to Prime Contact who have been telling us that the refund is authorised and High Value Team have to process it.  This has been going on for over a month.  Today, we have been told that the refund has been declined because in the Store's email for the refund request, teh store said " we could have mis-advised the cusotmer " and teh High Value Team does not accept that the assistant in shop could rememeber what he said 5 months ago and therefore not solid grounds for a refund

View more options
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's a heck of an amount of money @16

When I'm discussing data usage with people I always advise to self monitor by using myvodafone and the caps you can activate yourself in myvodafone and to use a phones or devices internal data monitor with some having usage alarms and limits as ultimately it's our responsibility to watch usage too. 

Also from past posts it's not good practice to rely on notifications from a network as they are not guaranteed to be received to the user. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who I'm sure will be able to help you further with this situation once they've read your post and engage with the department's who have already contacted you and declined the refund and see if they stand by that decision. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @16

It's amazing Vodafone allowed a customer to run up such a large bill without a credit alert kicking in.  

Having mentioned that you must have used a tremendous amount of data to even incur such a large charge.  This is going to be something where the Team here on the forum will need to investigate and find the reason for such a large data usage.

The data cap is something a customers needs to apply and this can be done by following the information on the link below.

Data Caps

If you do not receive a satisfactory outcome, don't hestitate getting the Ombudsman involved.

View more options

It happened between November - March.  I hadnt checked my bills ...very silly I know but I had a very sad situation to deal with at home. 

View more options

Thank you - I need all the luck I can get !  It happened over a 5 month period (between November - March).  I hadnt checked my bills ...very silly I know but I had a very sad situation to deal with at home. 

View more options
Gemma
16: Advanced member

@16 - This isn’t a good a experience and is certainly a high amount of money.

We'll take a look at the account and look into what’s happening with what the store have requested.  So that we can help further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. 

View more options

Vodafone have asked through a private message link - they have asked me to send a link to my origianl message - can anyone tell me how to create a link to my message ? 

View more options

Hi Gemma,

Himanshu [Removed] from the Vodafone Customer Relations Team has been promsing to call me back but isnt fullfilling that promise and eforum web help at vodafone are not respondign to my emails.  Please can you help .

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
Adam

Hi @16 have you managed to send us a Private Message with the link that Gemma sent you? We'll be able to chase it up further for you if that's the case. 

View more options

Yes I have sent Gemma a private message with all the details

View more options
Mark

If you've emailed us using the link in @Gemma's private message @16, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

View more options

[#18621762]   this ref ? I think that the CEO's office is dealign with this now .  I will update you shortly . :Smiling:

View more options
Mark

I can see we contacted you on 16 May about this issue. If there's anything else we can help with, please reply to our latest email.

View more options