Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is Mobile Broadband Unlimited Internet?

liam.judge
Not applicable
I got a message today when i tried to connect to the internet saying i exceeded my usage limit.
I thought mobile broadband was unlimited internet?
I'm supposed to be paying nothing for three months and now i don't know what to do.
Also, i can't access my online account even though i signed up for the my account section of the 'site. They keep asking for a vodafone phone number and i'm only a broadband customer, i do'nt have a phone on the vodfone network.
4 REPLIES 4

Mike111
4: Newbie
Mobile broadband is sold in either 3gb or 5gb bundles. Wasn't aware VF ever did unlimited mobile broadband.

Your SIM has a number attatched to it. You can see this on your bill.

liam.judge
Not applicable
It said unlimited e-mail and internet with the web browsing pack.
(Is that part of the: pay nothing for three months price plan?)
Thanks for your reply, i'll check my sim card for my vodafone number and try to access my account.

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
I got a message today when i tried to connect to the internet saying i exceeded my usage limit.
I thought mobile broadband was unlimited internet?
I'm supposed to be paying nothing for three months and now i don't know what to do.
Also, i can't access my online account even though i signed up for the my account section of the 'site. They keep asking for a vodafone phone number and i'm only a broadband customer, i do'nt have a phone on the vodfone network.

Hi Liam,

Welcome to the eForum :)

First of all, I suspect the pop-up message you're seeing is coming up because the default limit of 50MB in the Vodafone Mobile Connect software is still on. You can change this by going to Settings > Usage. You can alter the limit from 50MB or turn off the alarm alltogether. It won't stop you being able to connect however :)

Secondly, there's clearly some confusion here about what kind of price plan you're on. We do not offer Unlimited Internet for our Broadband customers - they are 3GB or 5GB limits only. The Mobile Internet package that you refer to can only be placed onto Voice Tariffs, and has a Fair Usage Policy limit of 500MB to reflect this.

Your Vodafone Bill should tell you exactly what type of plan you're in, but if you don't have one to hand, I've emailed you asking for some account details. If you need to, reply to this and we'll get back to you to let you know exactly what you're on :D

Jon

eForum Team

liam.judge
Not applicable
Hi i'll check my e mail and get back to you, i cant access my bill online though because my account number wouldnt work when i was regestering for an online billing account