cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is it possible to get only 1 month of MiFi?

EC94
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, my internet is going to be down for a few weeks and I need an alternative. I have seen online that EE require that you pay 2 months for their 4GEE, even though the deal clearly says '1 month plan length'. I'm wondering if Vodafone do the same? I have seen conflicting information online.

Will I be required to pay for 2 months if I go for 'Vodafone pay monthly Mifi MBB 4G - 1 Months' with Carphone Warehouse? (appears to be cheaper there than on the Vodafone site) Or can I cancel during the 1st 30 days and only pay for the one month?

I only require one month and it will be the difference between me choosing to go for this or not. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @EC94

If this is only a service you need for one month, PAYG would be a easier.   PAYG avoids the 30 day cancellation notice and there will be no credit check to worry about.  Please see the link below, it will have the information you need.

Mobile Wi-Fi and data dongles

Okay, thank you. I would just like to clarify that it is impossible to pay for only 30 days? I don't mind about credit checks.

AnnS

Hi @EC94

It can be awkward but not impossible.  The problem is going to be having to give the 30 days notice immediately.  PAYG doesn't really cost anything extra and gives more flexibility when you only want the device for one month.

Where a contract is concerned, you will be billed within 7 days and this will include pro rata charges and a direct debit for the payment and with the extra pro rata charges, there will be a credit due back when you cancel.

The best way forward is to go into a store and discuss the options, ultimately it will be your choice and decision.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I've seen problems reported for people trying to give notice during the first 30 days - they're assumed to be exercising their right to change their minds during the first 30 days, and all sorts of complications have ensued. The 30-day Pay Monthly accounts simply don't seem to be structured for periods as short as 30 days total, though they're fine if you want to give 30 days notice later on.

I'm sure the PAYG option is a lot 'safer', and in fact gives you a lot of flexibility - if the work over-runs, you're still covered, and you can always buy an extra data pack. Alternatively, if you haven't used all your data, it will continue to be available for the remainder of the 90 days.