Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K 3805-Z not connecting

stig50
2: Seeker

Hi. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have the above dongle on 24 month contract and for the past couple of months I have been unable to connect or partially connect.When it did connect it only stayed active for 5 to ten min and then the only way I could connect was to uninstall and reinstall the software on my Apple Macbook Pro running LIon O/S. I have contacted Vodafone customer services several times but no solution as been found. I have had a replacement sim card sent to me and last week a replacement dongle arrived, but when I plug this new dongle in all I get on the software is "no device found". As you can appreciate I am fed up with this service or lack of it and I am paying for a service that I am unable to use. Do you have any ideas on how to solve this issue? Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stig50.

Looking at your post I’m a little confused to what your issue is?

Does your dongle connect, but lose connection, not connect at all, or does it just fail to be recognised by the Mac?

I’d certainly recommend that you install the latest VMB (Vodafone Mobile Broadband) software, and then attempt to connect the dongle after its installation.

It may also be useful to have the postcode of the effected area, if its an issue with connection of the signal, as I can then look for any network issues in that area.

Regards

Trev

stig50
Hi Sorry if it sounds a bit confusing. Originally the only way to connect was to uninstall & reinstall the software. It then may connect but would drop after 5 to 10min. Then I would have to through the uninstall - reinstall process again. I have had a new sim & dongle sent out by customer services. I have downloaded and installed the latest software for Lion O/S for my Mac. But all I get now is "No device" and the dongle just flashes red. the postcode where I at present is LA6 (work) but it does not matter where I am the problem is the same. hope this is clearer. Thanks