Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3565 - How Do I Unlock It?

alistairkiwi
1: Seeker
A few months ago, I emailed the Vodafone help service to ask how I could unlock my Huawei K3565 dongle. I received the following instructions:

1. Insert a Non-Vodafone SIM card 2. Switch handset on

3. Handset will ask for the unlocking code

4. Enter 62849129

5. Press OK

I replied pointing out that my query was for a dongle, not a handset, and asking how I would follow these instructions with a dongle - would I get a screen on my laptop that asked for the unlocking code. I received no reply. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Alistairkiwi,

Sorry for the confusion around unlocking your USB dongle. :wacko:

You have received half of what you require to unlock your dongle. Along with the unlocking code, you should of also received a zip file, containing a piece of software, that is also required.

I have attached the required software for you, so your procedure would be as follows:

The unlock procedure for data card and USB modem

1. Connect Data card to computer.

2. Run the attached software and input the password - nuc (lowercase letters)

3. Enter 62849129

4. Click OK

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

alistairkiwi
1: Seeker
Thank you. That worked perfectly.

Alistair

brenpmon
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a Vodafone UK Huawei K3565 USB modem and I would like to use it in Italy, with Vodafone Italy. I tried to insert my Vodafone Italy SIM card, but that did not work. Is this because it is locked to Vodafone UK?

It appears that the file you posted does not work with a Mac, what are my options?

Thanks.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi brenpmon,

Can you confirm that you've already obtained your unlocking code?

If not, then you'll need to apply for your NUC before we can proceed.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

royedy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi  wish to unlock my K3565 dongle but it appears I require a code and some software, could someone supply them and how I proceed to use them. Thanks RoyO

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi royedy,

Welcome to the forum! :Smiling:

To unlock this you just need to complete the network unlocking code form here.

Cheers,

Jenny

Same issue here. I can see that this original thread had software attached but I don't seem to be able to download it. I can't use the NUC form as my device hasn't connected for over 90 days and they want me to get a new SIM, use it for 90 days then request it. I don't want to sign up again. I'm moving to Giff Gaff.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @AlunSeymour, thanks for getting in touch with us. We can help you get your dongle unlocked. As it requires sharing personal information I've sent you a private message on how to contact our team directly.