Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3565 Hsdpa Mobile Connect

robthebank
Not applicable
Hi

I am using the k3565 HSDPA stick (mobile connect) that is refered to in this article:
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15042

According to Jon (post 5/1/09@6:36) SMS is unavailable on this device.

Therefore, can you please tell me how I can arrange to topup online as once the online account is created, and before you can register/attach a credit card to link with the device, vodafone send out an SMS message to the mobile number (in this case my usb mobile stick) which contains a 6 digit security code. In order to be able to complete the registration online for topups with a credit card this 6 digit code needs to be entered online. If the device is unable to receive SMS then how can I obtain the code, enter it and complete the topup online process? :blink: (I have tried the SMS program that comes with the device and tried to drop the SIM in my phone as well - but what ever I try I cant receive the text message)

I have tried for hours over the last 2 days and spoken to your technical team, PAYG team, customer services and mobile broadband and none of them understand my problem and can't help. They repeatedly transer me to pillar to post because they are poorly trained and inacapable. I am so far having to resort to buying topup vouchers in the shops or phoning in in office hours to top up which wont help me when I need to VPN to my workplace at 1am and have no credit left.

Can anyone help me with this before I beat the stupid thing with a hammer and go and buy a T-mobile one? :wacko:

many thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
receiving sms is not barred only outgoing sms :)

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

LesleyJLuck
Not applicable
Hi Robthebank,

Receiving SMS is possible using the software provided, however we were having problems today and yesterday with the SMS activation text not being sent out - so the reason you've not received this is not your fault, you'll be pleased to learn :)

This has now been resolved, and you have a couple of options available in terms of getting the text message. You can either use the SMS software on the PC as you have been doing - or alternatively, put the SIM card from your modem into a Vodafone handset until you receive the text. Activate your account, and then put the SIM back in the modem again.

Let us know if you're still having problems :)

Jon

eForum Team

LesleyJLuck
Not applicable
I also have to K3565 and have exactly the same problem. I spent all day yesterday and all of this morning trying to receive the SMS message which is not coming through. I do not have a vodafone mobile to put the SIM in. Please help.

Blinkingbee
Not applicable
I also have to K3565 and have exactly the same problem. I spent all day yesterday and all of this morning trying to receive the SMS message which is not coming through. I do not have a vodafone mobile to put the SIM in. Please help.

I can also confirm that I am suffering from the same problem with the K3565 dongle. I too have had several conversations with Vodafone technical support who suggested that the PC client software supplied with the dongle was faulty and could not receive the registration security code SMS message. The support person I spoke to mentioned that they had received many calls re this problem and did not have a solution!

At their suggestion I tried the SIM in a (non Voda PAYG) mobile but with no luck. It would seem from previous posts that the system must have worked at some time in the past so maybe it can be fixed.
After all Vodafone is likely to lose revenue over this! Any news on Mac client software and overseas roaming with PAYG Molbile Broadband would be welcome too.

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Lesley J & Blinkingbee,

If SMS' are not coming through to the SIM - even with the SIM in a mobile - then there may well be a network fault. I'll send you both an email to collect your account details to look further into this.

Blinkingbee - the Mac support is coming (though I can't provide any sort of date or timescale), and as for overseas, we're always listening to our customers, so I'll pass on this feedback! :)

Daz

eForum Team

paulrogers1972
Not applicable
Daz,

please add me to this list and send me an email as I am having the exact same prob;em today, no SMS either with the PC software or when the SIM is in a Vodafone handset.

Thanks,

Paul

If SMS' are not coming through to the SIM - even with the SIM in a mobile - then there may well be a network fault. I'll send you both an email to collect your account details to look further into this.

Blinkingbee - the Mac support is coming (though I can't provide any sort of date or timescale), and as for overseas, we're always listening to our customers, so I'll pass on this feedback! :)

Daz

eForum Team

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Paul

No problem, i'll send you an email now, indeed this will give us a chance to look at individual account settings.

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

g3sna
Not applicable

...cut

I have the same problem exprienced by the above customers. I have also tried putting the SIM in a vodafone contract phone and I don't get the SMS either but I can receive SMS from another (Orange) phone I own.

Daz - you can find the details by looking up ref:185753283 dated 20/4/09 - . You'll find my email and phone contact details. My guess is that your network is the problem.

Cheers,

Stuart

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the info there! I've passed your details onto the daytime team so that they can be added to the investigation.

Thanks,

Tom

eForum Team