Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4203-Z Windows 10

mcmuffin59
2: Seeker
Hello there, just bought this dongle.Plug it in and it works fine. The software did not download itself so I downloaded it from the website. The mobile broadband software works but it does not pick up the dongle. So there is no way of me knowing how many MBs I have used and no way for me to top up the account. I have just uninstalled the program and installing again. Still no luck, I think I will be using all my 1GB free data on these downloads. Can you please help. Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

mcmuffin59

This is what happens 

@mcmuffin59

Please make sure you have the most up to date software downloaded. To check this, start your Vodafone mobile broadband dashboard and:

• Choose Advanced
  • Click the round red icon on the top left hand corner
  • Choose About VMB.

If you can't find these menu options on your software, it will be an older version. To check your software version:

• Choose Help from top menu
  • Choose About Vodafone Mobile Connect.

mcmuffin59
I have the latest version downloaded from https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity...

Still the same. Tried the older version too. Nothing happens. It has no problem picking up wifi if it's turned on. Just won't pick up the dongle. The dongle works fine as I was using it to get online lastnight. The only problem is when I run out of credit I won't be able to top up and I also cannot see my usage.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mcmuffin59

I can see you’re using Windows 10 which isn’t currently supported.

You can keep an eye on our Vodafone Mobile Broadband support pages for any updates on this.

Hi this is a serious concern to me that this hasn't been successfully resolved, I rely on the dongle and have exactly the same issue. Is this problem going to be sorted soon? Or do I need to cancel my dongle and find a supplier that is compaitible with Windows 10.

An update would be appreciated as my reliance on the dongle is business critical.

Thanks very much

@joninlinton

Keep an eye on the link Jenny provided and as soon as we have a compatible version available, it’ll be listed there.

Same issue!  This dongle will not function with Windows 10 and neither will the Vodaphone 'Clean up' tool.  I am having to use this forum as your 'phone services teams have been issuing the incorrect advice.

Discovered the fact of incompatailbity with Windows 10 through this post and not through your customer services/technical teams.  Various team members who have provided the incorrect information over the last 3 weeks.  This has included advising to purchase a replacement (which I did).  

Then as this replacement did not work - advising to return the replacement dongle to the retailer as 'there was a issue with either the sim card or unit'  (which I did). 

Only after following all of these helpful instructions did I discover that this USB is not compatible with Windows 10!!!

Could you please inform when your organisation wil be issuing a patch for this dongle?  

Shockingly poor customer service on top of a product which is  completely useless.

@epic-letdown Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We appreciate all feedback receive and will ensure to pass this on.

Please keep an eye on the links as advise by both Jenny and Wayne, for further information.  

Hello

Thank you for your response.  However could you please provide clairificaiton for the following:

1) Will there be a patch for this issue?

2) Is this currently being actioned and when will it be released?

3) what measures are you taking to ensure that your staff are fully trained to ensure that the correct information is provided.  Especailly when it results in the customer purchasing additional items that were never going to resolve the issue. 

regards