Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4511 Non Plug&Play how to activate the hidden virtual drive and card reader

xman750
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

on Non P&P K4505 it was possible to flash dashboard upfate file and it was visible as a virtual CD in My computer the K4511 has the internal drive hidden but it still can be flashed however it stays unvivible to the computer. Is there any AT command which can be used to activate it ? I've used pretty much every command from here: http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/Huawei+AT-commands and non of them worked. The virtual CD is not a such big problem as I can always download the softwrae from the Internet but it's always handy to have it on the dongle in case I don't have access to the Internet. Any help will be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey xman750,

Thanks for your query. I'm afraid this is a little over my head. I'll pass this query to one of the day team and we'll be with you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi cman750,

I have spoken with our support teams around this for you and unfortunately it would seem that this facility is no longer available on the K4511.

The only option would be to download the software from the internet and possibly keep a copy of this on a USB flash drive instead of on the modem itself.

James

eForum Team

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that it is just a matter of activating the internal flash memory to be visible as a CD ROM. When I flash the non P&P dongle for the first time the update software is not detecting anything on it but the second time it shows the actual software version which has been flashed. Also the update process is completed successfully so I believe that the P&P and Non P&P dongles are physically identical and the only difference is that on Non P&P dongles the internal CD ROM is deactivated by an AT command. This is the only logical explanation I can think of. So I would much appreciate if you could investigate it further and maybe talk to someone who actually work in department where the connections managers are originally coming from. I know that it may be to much to ask but I don't like to give up easily on something what I believe can easily be done...

Thx in advance.

ok I finally found the solution here is the AT command I've been looking for:

AT^SETPORT=?
- Display configuration options

1:MODEM
2:PCUI
3:DIAG
4:PCSC
5:GPS
6:GPS CONTROL
7:NDIS
A:BLUE TOOTH
B:FINGER PRINT
D:MMS
E:PC VOICE
A1:CDROM
A2:SD

this is a shame that Vodafone support wasn't able to provide this info saying that it is simply not possible...