Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K5160 / Draytek Vigor 2860ac keeps rebooting

rosbaldeston
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying to use a Vodafone K5160 with my Draytek Vigor 2860ac to get a 4g WAN. When plugged in to a USB port, the connection is made and the 4g service lasts generally no more than 5 minutes before the dongle reboots, and sometimes the Vigor itself reboots.

In normal usage without the dongle plugged in the router has behaved fine for months. When the dongle is plugged directly in to my computer, it too seems absolutely fine, no rebooting.

I'm not certain that the problem lies with the dongle, so with that in mind I have asked this same question on the Draytek forums. I'm asking it on here just in case anyone has had any luck with this combination. I can't figure out what the problem is - please help!

Many thanks

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Draytek support told me to upgrade the router firmware, and the dongle now works perfectly!

Thanks

Richard

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues connecting your K5160 dongle to your router.

Do the steps on our support pages help at all? 

Should you still be experiencing issues and as you've mentioned that your dongle's connection is fine when connected to your laptop, we'd advise speaking with the router's manufacturer as they'll be able to advise you further with its settings :Smiling:

Draytek support told me to upgrade the router firmware, and the dongle now works perfectly!

Thanks

Richard

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rosbaldeston wrote:

Thanks for letting us know Richard! I'm happy to see you're now up and running 🙂