Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K5160 on Draytek 2860

bonifacefj
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have been succesfully using the K5160 dongle with my Vigor 2860 firewall.

A few days ago the 4g stopped connecting, it shows as connected and has received an IP address from Vodafone but there is no connectivity,  I have tried pings to various places and various trace routes with just timeouts.

Can I confirm the current PPP or DHCP settings to connect through the modem?

Thanks

Fred

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bonifacefj I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with the connectivity on your dongle. 

Have you recently update the Vigor 2860 firewall and if so, is it only after this update you're noticing the issues? 
You may need to disconnect the firewall and see if this helps with the connectivity issue. If this does work, you'll need to update your firewall settings. Please let us know how you get on 😊

Hi,

I have recently updated it but only after I started seeing problems.

First I would like to confirm I have the correct APN and login details.  These currently seem the most likely culprits at the moment.  I will post the options required later.

Thanks

Fred

I have now tested the device on a Windows 10 PC running the Vodafone Mobile Broadband App but the issue remains, the device connects but shows limited connectivity.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @bonifacefj If the dongle's still working, and the SIM cards still working then it's likely that the update has changed the APN settings, or even deleted them !

Are you able to check what APN settings are selected?

Blair

Hiya, I found out yesterday that a data bar had been mistakenly applied to the device and is now all fixed.

Thank you