Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kaspersky 2009 Problem

cjm1979
14: Advanced member
Why as the thread for Kaspersky updates been locked but no explaination as to why? It still will not update and ive tried the latest vmc and the lite version on the stick. Should i still have to pay line rental if something VF as done is preventing me using the internet securely? Qoute from my banks website (Yorkshire Bank):

• Ensure that you have up to date Anti virus and Anti spy ware installed on your PC.
  • Ensure that your browser and operating systems are up to date by downloading the latest patches
If anything happened and i had money taken from my account and i had not stuck to what they tell me i must do they will not cover me.

Around the same time the compression of pictures got worse and more so over the last couple of weeks but either version of vmc does not allow this to be turned off. How can i get the choice of the compression been off or on as when i took it out i was not told of this and it was a lot better when i first took it out. Where can i get previous versions of this software?
20 REPLIES 20

Leeza
4: Newbie
Why as the thread for Kaspersky updates been locked but no explaination as to why?

Can we please have a moderator reply ? Not right that we've been waiting for some answers here and bothered to do our bit sending logs. Additionally, I've been working very closely with Kaspersky over the past 2 days in order to identify whether there are any settings in KIS 2009 which can be changed to enable these updates to take place. I've sent a full analysis to them this morning and from their side this whole issue will be escalated.

For the person who queried whether to buy Kaspersy... I have to say their representative has been outstanding..something like 5 e-mails in the past 2 days to try to resolve this problem and I've found loads of analysis tools within KIS2009 itself with direct links to their tech department.

Kasperskyavp
Not applicable
Hi, I work for Kaspersky UK support and we have had a couple of requests from users to look into this. I have received some update traces from users who are having issues with the updates when using Vodafone.

These users can update their Kaspersky using another service such as a wireless broadband or another make of Dongle e.g. 3G without any issues.

The traces initially reveal - HTTP/1.0 503 Service unavailable

The error translates to: The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay.

This would indicate that the connection seems to be failing so that our updates are cut off. If i discover anymore I will post on the forum for you again.

Leeza
According to your customer services you resolve to solve problems within 36 hours. Given that I've tried everything now and bothered to supply you with a lot of information, I am extremely disappointed that you cannot even acknowledge any of our posts on this thread.

Please could you advise whether you will refund my subs until this serious security issue is resolved. At least this goes some way towards having to pay for another internet connection!

cjm1979
According to your customer services you resolve to solve problems within 36 hours. Given that I've tried everything now and bothered to supply you with a lot of information, I am extremely disappointed that you cannot even acknowledge any of our posts on this thread.

Please could you advise whether you will refund my subs until this serious security issue is resolved. At least this goes some way towards having to pay for another internet connection!

Why are no mods replying to this? Who will pay if something gets into my pc and gets my bank details? Who at VF decided to force the image compression on its users without at least consulting or notifying them first? I cant believe that there is such little responce for something that is fairly serious. Why as no one even acknowleded locking the other thread?

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Cjm

We're aware of the thread, I'm moderating at the moment and I apologise for any delay as we're very busy at the moment, we've experienced a massive surge in traffic but rest assured a Mod will be along as soon as possible.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

cjm1979
Hello Cjm

We're aware of the thread, I'm moderating at the moment and I apologise for any delay as we're very busy at the moment, we've experienced a massive surge in traffic but rest assured a Mod will be along as soon as possible.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

Ok thanks Reidar. Im not been funny when i post its just im really paranoid about keeping my security up to date.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with updating your services. I aren't aware of any issues from our side that would cause this. Can you please provide me with your full postcodes so that we can look at the signal in your area to rule out this issue being with signal strength.

Also could you download this version of the Vodafone Mobile Connect ? This will prompt you and ask if you would like to install the Optimisation software. Do not install this. This will then remove the client based optimisation.

Could you give this a go for me and let me know how you get on? Also if you have any more questions just give me a shout and we'll be happy to help you further :)

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Leeza
After 5 days - this is the best you can come up with? We've run traces and logs and given that everything else can download and run fine we all know that signal strength is extremely unlikely to be the problem. It seems to me that this is just stalling for more time - please refer this to customer services - I would at least like this month's subs refunded and luckily my contract hasn't got much longer to run - preferably I'd like to terminate it now.

In the meantime I'll humour you with some further info - but I'm not prepared to put my full postcode here. Let me know how I can send it privately.
And also why the lock on the original thread please?

cjm1979
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with updating your services. I aren't aware of any issues from our side that would cause this. Can you please provide me with your full postcodes so that we can look at the signal in your area to rule out this issue being with signal strength.

Also could you download this version of the Vodafone Mobile Connect ? This will prompt you and ask if you would like to install the Optimisation software. Do not install this. This will then remove the client based optimisation.

Could you give this a go for me and let me know how you get on? Also if you have any more questions just give me a shout and we'll be happy to help you further :)

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Hi wayne my postcade is wf17 0jt. Even though the online maps show me been in a patch of poor 3G i get 3-4 bars 3.5G and it shows that i will be in good coverage soon or could this of already happened? I dont think its coverage because up until around the 13th its never had a problem. Ive took my laptop to other places and the same happens there. Did you see the post by Lisa c. Also the link i put at the start of this thread takes you to the first thread that was locked without any reason and Jon and some of the other mods have acknowledged changes in your firewalls that may of caused this. Its not the sim and its not the dongle, i know this because it does the same through my X1. Im downloading the newer software and will try and let you know.
Also ive just bought a router and plugged the dongle in the back and the optimisation still seems to be on, how is this if its the router that connects it and not mobile connect?
Thanks for all your help with this.