Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kaspersky 2009 Problem

cjm1979
14: Advanced member
Why as the thread for Kaspersky updates been locked but no explaination as to why? It still will not update and ive tried the latest vmc and the lite version on the stick. Should i still have to pay line rental if something VF as done is preventing me using the internet securely? Qoute from my banks website (Yorkshire Bank):

• Ensure that you have up to date Anti virus and Anti spy ware installed on your PC.
  • Ensure that your browser and operating systems are up to date by downloading the latest patches
If anything happened and i had money taken from my account and i had not stuck to what they tell me i must do they will not cover me.

Around the same time the compression of pictures got worse and more so over the last couple of weeks but either version of vmc does not allow this to be turned off. How can i get the choice of the compression been off or on as when i took it out i was not told of this and it was a lot better when i first took it out. Where can i get previous versions of this software?
20 REPLIES 20

Leeza
4: Newbie
Did you see the post by Lisa c. Also the link i put at the start of this thread takes you to the first thread that was locked without any reason and Jon and some of the other mods have acknowledged changes in your firewalls that may of caused this.

Hi Wayne - maybe you've not seen the background to this so here's the original thread http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23347
Just to recap...I can update KIS 2009 on a wireless internet connection but approx 3 weeks ago it stopped updating via vf network - I've tried 2g and 3g but it seems too slow to be able to keep the connection at which stage the Kasp tries for another server and ends up going round in a vicious circle. I ran various logs both for you (DaveN) which were sent last Friday and I've spent 2 days working with Kaspersky running programmes for them to try to identify the cause. All to no avail. My signal strength shows 4/5 bars and I have no problems running other updates, games or downloads. This is why I'm now somewhat frustrated and at the stage of asking for my subs back plse!

A question about the VMC software - I'm currently running VMC Lite 3.0.3.112 and been advised in the past by vf that this is the best to run. Do I need to uninstall this before installing this software version?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the confusion regarding the previous thread - Daz had replied to confirm that we had taken the details you'd all provided (thanks guys - this will make it much easier to resolve this) and raised this as a fault but for some reason the post wasn't made live and I just wanted to check there wasn't an issue this end before making it live. It doesn't mean we're not looking into things for you, simply that now that we have the information we needed to raise this, by closing the thread you can subscribe for updates and we'll then post there as soon as we get a response, meaning you'll know as soon as we post, as opposed to as soon as anyone posts.

At the moment. this is still under investigation and we are monitoring the situation to ensure that we address this as soon as we have anything.

The suggestions Wayne gave were where we would usually start with investigating for something like this - as Leeza said in the last post, on this occasion the history of the issue was missed, so we did sliip backwards slightly there.

cjm1979 - that's an absolutely spot on description of the coverage in your area by the way!

Lisa C - Thanks for the information you've provided regarding this.

I'm confident that we can resolve this for you. As Daz has outlined on the original thread, we cannot provide support for specific third party applications via our broadband connection, however where this may be part of a larger issue or a specific network issue we are happy to investigate this for you all.

DaveN

eForum Team

cjm1979
Any news?

Leeza
..........As Daz has outlined on the original thread, we cannot provide support for specific third party applications via our broadband connection, however where this may be part of a larger issue or a specific network issue we are happy to investigate this for you all.

DaveN

eForum Team

Whilst I accept this argument for most issues - this is a major concern which could affect a number of your customers regarding their personal/PC security. It would also be interesting to see how many laptops are currently being bundled with Win Vista/KIS2009/Vodafone Broadband - is there a disclaimer on such packages - and are the major retailers who offer advice/sales to the general public aware of this vulnerabiity? Are your own sales staff likewise aware when bundling packages to customers? I really think you are stone-walling this issue and under-estimating the possible implications.

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Leeza,

I completely understand that this is a major concern, and I promise we're taking it seriously. We're really not stone-walling here, we're doing absolutely everything we can to fix the issue. We appreciate the impact of you not being able to update your antivirus software and are trying really hard to fix this.

With respect to sales, it's my understanding that this isn't a blanket issue for everyone using Mobile Broadband, and the likelyhood is it'll be fixed very shortly. As there's nothing more we can do right now to resolve the issue, I'm closing the thread until we can provide further information. Please don't re-post regarding this topic or ask for updates, as I promise you we'll give updates as soon as we've got them.

Thanks,

Tom

eForum Team

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi all,

Can everyone who has been having problems with updating Kaspersky please re-test? We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Many thanks :)

Jon

eForum Team

cjm1979
Hi all,

Can everyone who has been having problems with updating Kaspersky please re-test? We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Many thanks :)

Jon

eForum Team

Ok Jon. Im at work until 10pm so ill have ago when i get home or in the morning and will post back. Thanks for letting us know.

cjm1979
Hi Jon. Ive updated my laptop this morning and it seems fine now. Ill do my other pc later but i cant see there any probs now. What was the cause of this?
Thanks.

cjm1979
Hi Jon. Ive updated my laptop this morning and it seems fine now. Ill do my other pc later but i cant see there any probs now. What was the cause of this?
Thanks.

Just to add that ive updated my other pc and there was no probs.
Thanks for getting it sorted.

Leeza
Just to add that ive updated my other pc and there was no probs.
Thanks for getting it sorted.

Updated my PC after 15 hrs offline and there were no problems. I'm really pleased you were able to resolved this eventually :)