Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MIFI data packs

mike37p
4: Newbie

I've just got a Vodafone MiFi device and see that the 15gb expires in 88 days (should be 90 but it took 2 days to get here!). 

I've trawled Vodafone's sprawling website (resetting after invalid links found!) and can't find the answer to two questions.

1. If the 15gb is used before the expiry date can more be puchased and does the expiry dat remain the same or is it reset?

2. It looks like the maximum size data pack I can buy is 15gb although Vodafone advertise a 50gb pack. Is 15gb the maximum and is the 50gb part of another package.

I find the way Vodafone presents their packages extremly confusing and would like to understand what is available to me in an easy way.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @mike37p

From the page online from Vodafone Here it seems to support a 15Gb Data Pack as being the largest currently available. 

"You can choose to add a pack with one of our data plans – they’re between 1GB and 15GB."

I assume the expiry date is in connection to when you too up so if you topped up after the expiry date of your current allowance then the new expiry date would run in line with the new top up .

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mike37p

As far as your data packs starting, you are able to queue up to 5 data packs and are able to purchase additional packs at any time. When the allowance ends on the pack you are using or the 90 day period is reached, the next data pack will start.

There is further information here: How can I see my balance and remaining data allowance on my tablet, Mobile Wi-Fi device or Data Dong...

Thanks for the useful reply about the number of packs queued.

Does this mean that a new 90 day expiry date is set from the new pack start date?

Is this documented anywhere on Vodafone web sites? I wish they'd make things easier to understand!

AnnS

Hi @mike37p

That is correct.  The packs will be in a queue and will kick in once the running pack is used or the 90 day expiry date.

I have also had a problem finding this information from the website.  I will try and find some better information for you, but the forumTeam will probably pick up this thread and reply with some helpful information.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mike37p from my knowledge, if you were to have a new pack, this would reset the expiry. I've taken a look into our information from our end and it doesn't show directly the set question. But asking around a few colleagues from the team, we believe it would reset.  

Thank you all for the replies.

I'll let you know what happens when the allowance runs out before the expiry date.