Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mifi

JACKIELOW911
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a mifi device yesterday in one day it has used 5gb of data i only use it for internet no downloading or games or music this seems very excessive  I can't get broadband in my area

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @JACKIELOW911

What device(s) are you hooking up to your mifi unit ?

Laptops and some tablets can access feature rich internet pages which can use alot of data. 

Also your hooked up devices and their apps will be updating in the background. Location based apps will update too. 

Try looking at any inbuilt data monitor in your devices to try and work out what's using the data is my advice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me i have used 1gb of data since 9am this morning and it was switched off for 1.30 hours I will try your your suggestion thanks

AnnS

Hi @JACKIELOW911

Before being able to use the device, you would have downloaded software for Window 10 and installed drivers on your PC, this would have consumed data as would any updates.

As you would have now installed the software, data usage should slow down but always a good idea to keep a watch on your data.  This can be done by following the link below.

Managing your data allowance

If you are on pay monthly, there is also the data cap.

Data Capping

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply that makes perfect sense I'm going to keep an eye on it but thank you