cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband account cancelled but billed full month.

SeanC1966
4: Newbie

Hi,

My Mobile Broadband contract is due to end on 3rd December. I called on the 3rd November to cancel and this was confirmed as done. Today I checked my bill and saw that I had been billed a full months line rental until 24th December. I spoke to someone today who has told me that on the 3rd December my bill will automatically update and a new bill issued and my direct debit amended accordingly.

I find this difficult to believe as the direct debit is due 4th December. I did ask her how much I would actually be billed as I was working out my budgeting for the month. She gave me a total that only included the 2 mobile numbers I have. When I asked about the line rental for the mobile broadband account from 24th Nov - 3rd Dec she said if I didn't use it there would be no charge. This definitely doesn't appear correct. I cannot imagine for one minute Vodafone being so generous. 

At the end of the call she seemed a bit unsure and was very keen to cancel my direct debit "just to make sure I'm happy". I said no to this as I don't want to risk any arguments over late payment. 

Could someone confirm that your rep was correct in what she said and I will only receive a bill for 2 mobile contracts or confirm a billing error and if so correct it.

Many thanks,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stonefences
10: Established
Sounds like your bills are generated on the 24th of each month. That being the case, your bill generated on 24th December will include a REFUND of the unused Line Rental from 4th December through to 24th. Hope this helps!!

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

stonefences
Sounds like your bills are generated on the 24th of each month. That being the case, your bill generated on 24th December will include a REFUND of the unused Line Rental from 4th December through to 24th. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for your help. That would make sense. Its a shame the Vodafone billing department couldn't give me that answer. 

It isn't good when the people tasked to help are no help.

Appreciate the answer.