Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Connect Problems (mac?)

lollypop_43
Not applicable
im having issues all of a sudden with mobile connect, once ive clicked on the icon its decided not to open and im not sure why. I would uninstall but as it stands the internet is still working and i dont really want to jeopardise that, if anyones got any ideas, thay'll be welcome???
26 REPLIES 26

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Lollypop_43, and welcome to our little corner! :D

You say you still have internet connectivity, but just the VMC isn't working? Does the VMC icon keep bouncing, then stops, or does the OSX spinning colour disc just freeze everything up? Have you updated your OSX software recently, and what is your current version (10.x.x)? We really need as much detail as possible to help!

Have you tried getting and installing the latest Vodafone Mobile Connect Software for Mac? If you've updated, recently, your current VMC may be incompatibile. Simply download and install this version on top of your current VMC.

Other than this, you don't need to open the VMC for anything other than changing network bands (for example, changing manually between 2G only and 3G only) or checking the usage.

Let us know how you get on! :)

Daz

eForum Team

lollypop_43
Not applicable
hiya thanks for your help!

it is just vmc that isnt working the icon keeps bouncing and stops without opening after a long time, it doesnt freeze the rest of the computer but the vmc toolbar freezes. I updated my OSX recently to 10.5.5 and I installed the latest update of VMC, the one in the link, but I havent had any success. Is there not any other way i can check my usage as this is what i need so i cant go over my 3gb???

thanks again :D

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey Lollypop!

I *think* i know what the problem is.

If you go to your Apple Logo (left corner) > System Preferences > Accounts > make sure you're using the Admin account. The bouncing problem you describe is typical of OSX rejecting network software access from within non-Admin accounts. If you're not the Admin, please try logging out, and logging back in as the Admin, or, getting the Admin to set yu entworking rights.

Let me know if this works or doesn't! :D

Daz

eForum Team

lollypop_43
Not applicable
I've had a look and i'm the admin already, but I logged out and in again just to make sure, but the icons still bouncing away...

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
hi lollypop_43

I'll get Daz to take a look at this for you as soon as he's back in the office (As he's our residential Mac Man!)

Cheers

Wayne

eforum Team

Judabelle
Not applicable
I've got exactly the same problem. Icon just bounces away and no information box comes up. I've had Mobile Broadband since July or Aug and it DEF used to come up, but not any longer.

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey guys!

How odd! :huh:

Well, I'll have to look at this on my own Mac later when I'm home. I'm on 10.5.5 and will have to dig into this issue a bit to see what I can find :)

Update you guys soon!

Daz

eForum Team

lollypop_43
Not applicable
Cool, thanks Daz!

ihatebodafone
1: Seeker
Cool, thanks Daz!

In my experience it doesn't like it if you move the application away from the "Applications" folder. I usually put third party applications in a separate folder but it wouldn't run. Try reinstalling it and then running it from the Apps folder. Vodafone obviously have a PC mentality. Usage on a Mac is shaky at best and you can't monitor your download totals.