Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile myfi works in UK but not France

Kenjo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am hoping that perhaps someone might have had the same experience as me and has found a solution.

I have had the R218H unit now for just over 2 weeks and am using the 30 day trial period to check it out. It works OK here and I can get 2 to 3 bars on 4G at my home. I have just come back from 10 days in France and it would not connect to any data broadband signal in France. I tried SFR and Orange and Bouygues and although it showed a 2 to 3 bar signal on 4G, (I can get data on my Samsung phone in the same place), it said it was "disconnected".

Spent a whole morning withVodaphone technical help trying to sort it out without luck. They think it might be a faulty unit.

The issue I now have is that I do not go back to France until the end of December which is well outside the 30 day trial period. So I do not want to commit to a 2 year contract unless the thing works in Europe. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Did the Vodafone Agent check your account to ensure no Roaming Bars are activated?

You should also be able to check in your myvodafone too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes that was the first thing I asked him to check.

BandOfBrothers

If your on a Sim only contract and are on the 30 day network satisfaction guarantee and want to be able to use it abroad then it's going to have to be an informed decision to cancel and possibly go to a Payg option if connection abroad is a must and or take the avenue to go past the cooling off period and try again or unlock the device and use a local sim card instead. 

As Vodafone have no direct access or control over an abroad network they can't guarantee connection. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Kenjo

As this is a new pay monthly contract, you may find that by default data roaming is turned off and this would be something worth asking Vodafone to look at for you.  CS may have looked at bars but by the sound of things, there is still a restriction on the account.

As far as network in France is concerned, there shouldn't be any issue.