Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile wifi E5330 really slow on Macbook

richietheg
1: Seeker

Back in the autumn I got a Mobile Wifi E5330 unit. Aside from being told that it was 4G and only getting 3G on it, I have also noticed that it is often EXCEPTIONALLY slow when paired with my Macbook, if my computer manages to pair with it at all. As my phone connects to it fine, I know it isn't actually the unit itself, but given that it's usually faster to connect my wifi to the phone, then my Macbook to my phone via bluetooth than to connect the computer to the wifi itself, it is somewhat annoying.

Just wondering if there were any possible solutions to this problem? The unit seems to be very tempramental when connecting to the computer as well: I often get the message up saying 'Could not connect, try moving closer to the Wifi router' - it's on the sofa next to me, how much closer do I need to be?! When it does connect, sometimes it is fine, but other times it will be very slow and not load any pages (including the vodafonemobile.wifi logon page!).

My Macbook is a 2013 model, running OSX Sierra, with all the relevant updates on it. It connects to other Wifis fine, just not my mobile Wifi unit. Any ideas folks?

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@richietheg Our team will be able to check your account regarding not getting a 4G connection - they'll also be able to assist you further with troubleshooting for the device. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.