Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobileconnect - Cannot Connect

d2843b44
Not applicable
I recently set up mobile broadband on my laptop (samsungnc10) with no problems and have used it for 2 weeks. Yesterday I switched on the laptop and after booting was left with this message on the screen
Title - MobileConnect
MobileConnect has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of anything the information you were working on might be lost
Please tell Miocrosoft abot the problem
Send error report, dont send.
After reinstalling the software several times from both the dongle and the vodafone website, on restarting the same message appears.
Can anyone help with what is wrong and more importantly how do I fix it.
Many thanks in antisipation.
5 REPLIES 5

KD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi d2843b44

Welcome to the eForum - it's great to have you with us! :)

This problem will definitly be related to the laptop as the software has worked before and works here with no problems.

If the software has been installed but won't run, you will still be able to connect to the internet.

• Go to Start
  • Scroll to Connect To
  • Click VMC Lite
  • Click Dial
  • You will now be connected

It would be worth speaking to an IT professional to get advice on how to resolve the error message.

If you would like to keep an eye on your usage in the meantime you can sign up to Online Billing once you have received your first bill with us.

I'm glad I could help

B-)

Kirsty
eForum Team

d2843b44
Not applicable
I have done what you have detailed and got th message - error 777.
I still cannot connect.

richie1913
4: Newbie
Sounds like your modem needs repaired
Have you checked your modem settings under network connections check your phone number for dialing out is something similar to this *99***1#

d2843b44
Not applicable
I spent ages going back over previous installations, updates etc to find that the following update had failed to install

Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 service pack 1&.NET framework 3.5 family update for NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 ( KB951847) x 86

Once I had downloaded it again and ensured it had installed correctly, the error message disappeared and I am able to connect again.

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi d2843b44,

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know :D

Jon

eForum Team