Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moble Broadbad Issue "mobile Connecton Not Possible..."

Turbo-G
Not applicable
Hi,
We have recently been allocated one of the new Vodafone mobile broadband USB modem sticks (Huwaei) and have already encountered issues...

The VMC software has been succesfully installed, and the stick has been detected. Once the stick is plugged in,a solid green light is illunminated. In our current position we are able to detect the UK GPRS network only, despite being on the borderline for 3G coverage - however we do have an 'excellent' signal strength.

Unfortunately when you attempt to launch a browser, the site won't load. You then get an error message from the VMC "Mobile connection not possible. Ensure that no other programs are using your selected device, and try again in a short while."

The connection appears to have been dropped,and the VMC is then unable to detect or connect to any ther network without closing the VMC and repeating the whole process. I can confirm that wi-fi and BT are switched off with no other USB devices attached at this point.

The same issue also happens from m homelocation which is sated well within te 3G coverae area. Any suggestions?

I have already tried removing/re-inserting the usb stick, rebooting the laptop and also reinstalling the VMC and drivers - same issue again. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Turbo

Welcome to the eForum, :)

Attempting to reinstall the software is the correct procedure, however can you pleaseconfirm the exact software version that you have?

The latest should be VMC 9.3.6

If you're already running the latest software please make sure you've gone into your settings, then Network Selection and make sure it's set to 2G only.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

Turbo-G
Not applicable
The latest should be VMC 9.3.6

If you're already running the latest software please make sure you've gone into your settings, then Network Selection and make sure it's set to 2G only.

Hi, Thanks for the response :)
Currently I have 9.3.0 installed - just trying to update the software and drivers as we speak.

Do you mean set the conenction to 'GPRS preferred' or 'GPRS only'? Surely '3G preferred' *should* look for 3G connection where possible, if not available pick up a GPRS connection and keep hold of it - just like my mobile does. Seems a little flawed if this is not the case?

Turbo-G
Not applicable
Hi, Thanks for the response :)
Currently I have 9.3.0 installed - just trying to update the software and drivers as we speak.

Do you mean set the conenction to 'GPRS preferred' or 'GPRS only'? Surely '3G preferred' *should* look for 3G connection where possible, if not available pick up a GPRS connection and keep hold of it - just like my mobile does. Seems a little flawed if this is not the case?

Update: I am now using v9.3.6 and have set the network selection to 'GPRS/Edge only'. I was able to find a network fairly quickly and actually managed to reach a website, however this soon failed. The connection always shows as 'Excellent' before it fails but we're still experiencing the same issue. This is very frustrating for us.