Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Movile-Wifi R216 Disconnected - update settings manually

mctimm
1: Seeker

I have the following SMS in the Mobile-Wifi R216:

It looks like you?ve swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn?t support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo

The address does not exist.  So what do I have to do as the device is disconnected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I think it may be that it has run out of PAYG credit.  Someone gave me the device which they though had a lot of credit left 🙂

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen that message pop up before in previous posts which can be a red herring. 

Try rebooting the device. 

And or remove the sim card too and then re insert. 

I assume its been in regular use i.e. at least every 180 days if its a Payg SIM. 

Can you try the Sim Card in a phone just to see if its working. 

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can access your Account and check things at their end. 

If it turns out to be the sim card at issue then a Vodafone High street Store can perform a SIM Swap to replace it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

If your settings have been disrupted for some reason, the details are on https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-products-and-services/Mobile-Wi-Fi-and-data-dongles/38913615 - though why your SMS message didn't direct you there is hard to imagine.

Alternatively, if you need to update your software, you should be able to download the latest version from http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/what/devices/vmb.html#

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mctimm Has the advice provided by @BandOfBrothers and @ToniCa helped you to get your Mobile Wi-Fi device up and running again? 

I can see you mentioned the link you were given didn't work. I've tried this in Chrome and it seems to be working OK for me 😊 Can you access it here?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I think it may be that it has run out of PAYG credit.  Someone gave me the device which they though had a lot of credit left 🙂