Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone Accounts

JulieSherratt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am going round in circles....have just plugged in my new mobile router.... really easy, working well, teenagers happy. But I cannot make a new account for the router. When I send the security code to my mobile then it logs me into my mobile account. When I try to send the code to the router number I have to come out to get the code and when I go back again it has put me back to the start page....where it asks for my number again. What do I need to do differently so I can have a separate account so I can view the mobile broadband package data? Thanks 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @JulieSherratt

Please see the link below.  Hope it helps.

How do I register for My Vodafone?

Thanks for the reply. I have tried following these instructions but as in my OP I can't access the security code on the tablet and if I try to send the code to my phone it automatically assumes I'm trying to access my existing phone account....rather than setting me up with a new account for the broadband.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@JulieSherratt

It's a while since I used mobile broadband, but I have a vague memory of having put my data SIM into a phone in sheer desperation when I needed to be able to access a security code. I think one isn't supposed to put a data SIM into a phone, so I removed it again as soon as I had completed whatever I needed to do. That might be worth trying?

In order to ensure that the MBB account is quite separate from your phone account, use a different email address. Also, while setting up your account, give it alternative contact number(s), such as your mobile number and landline number, so that the security code can be sent to a number other than that of the data SIM when logging in to the account.