cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone mobile wifi (Wifi-2DC5950 Dongle works on my iphone but not on any laptop I've tried.

EamonX1
1: Seeker

Purchased credit and installed it successfully on my Dongle. Powered up the Dongle attached it to laptop.  Browser opens the Moble WiFi page. This gives my number, all the bars are lit up green, status is 'connected', my device is listed -. But when I try to browse I get message: 'cant reach page'. Runniing Windows 10, I check appt arrow on task bar. I see that  Vodafone 2DC595 is present both via Usb connection and as Wi F. Both  are tagged' 'connected'. But I cannot browse, nor check email etc. (cant reach page triumphs). 

What is wrong?

What must I do?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I recall sometime ago when I used a dongle on my laptop and it seemed to not want to play nicely with that @EamonX1

In my instance I manually checked my firewalls and security suite to ensure nothing was hindering it there. 

I also cleared my browser cookies and cache and tried another browser. 

I also reset the dongle and laptop and after all that it just started working so to this day I wasn’t sure wether it was the troubleshooting I’d performed or it was just a glitch that resetting and removing the dongle and re attaching cured the glitch. 

If all else fails the reps at your local Vodafone Highstreet Store could maybe help if you can get the equipment to them or maybe even a standalone computer Highstreet repair type of shop. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @EamonX1

You were probably using mobile data from your iphone and not connected to the dongle.

Please see the link below, there is a link to the software to be installed to your PC.  As soon as this has been installed, you will only need to make a connection to activate the SIM and start browsing. After installing the software, it is advisable to clear cookies and PC cache.

I’ve just got a new data dongle. How do I get started?

Went to Vodafone shop and found out what was wrong. I had bought a 20 euro voucher.  I assumed the 30 days limit commencecd once I had entered the Pin Number, not from the date on which I bought the voucher.

I entered the Pin about 32 days after purchasing the voucher, thinking I would have internet for the next 30 days. No the count began the day I bought the voucher, so there was no credit left when I entered the Pin. I think this is disgraecful sleight of hand by vodafone. Should I complai, to who?

In any event sorry for leading respondents astray on this and thanks for your contributions. 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@EamonX1

This is the Vodafone UK Community forum - are you in Ireland?

While the problem with when your data was activated sounds pretty unsatisfactory, I fear you have raised it in the wrong place. http://community.vodafone.ie/ may be more to the point.