Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NEVER REPLY TO ADDITIONAL DATA TEXT

45GBin18days
4: Newbie

My daughter received a text on her handset and replied. My monthly bill for her was over £1100. IPhone and vodafone are fully aware that people using WiFi end up on data when handset goes into sleep mode. My name says it all 45gb of excess data charges despite having WiFi available. One Test! ONE text not to me or an email. That text has crippled me financially because vodafone didn't even contact me when the bill was unpaid. First I knew was wheny service was cutoff. So I am expecting this month's bill to again be over £1000. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

You should be able to go into Restictions and disable cellular data and a host of other thing in there. You can password protect any changes so that only you can restore them Of course that would only be of use when you can get you hands on the phone to set up the restrictions.

View solution in original position

36 REPLIES 36

45GBin18days
Vodafone have disabled cellular data in that handset.

flipdee
You realise your not helping your argument here, I understand your angry, but what happens if you get another £1100 bill? How much risk are you willing to take?

flipdee
Ah well, that's different, just a fight over the existing bills then, not much more to be said on the subject I suppose.

45GBin18days
Vodafone have disabled cellular data in that handset. I have had it in writing that at my request no more data charges will occur.

Oh come on dry you know what he has been over charged for, it's going to be exceeding his data limit. That's how vodafone make their money.

Leave vodafone ASAP they will try and screw every last penny out of you quoting "you should. Of checked your data use"

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@45GBin18days - please stop posting all over the boards - do not post anywhere else but this thread. 

PWIAC