Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Netbook Help

nicolawelch
Not applicable
I have just bought a Toshiba NB100 netbook. I can't get my vodafone dongle to work on it (I know it works as I have it working on my laptop). The Netbook is a different layout and I can't figure it out. It recognises that I've put the dongle in the USB port, but then doesn't seem to do anything else. There is no helpline in the instruction book. Any suggestions??
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-MattJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there swelch,

Welcome to the eForum,

Well, my suggestion would be to download the full version of VMC software from here.

Once this is downloaded, you should be able to connect again.

One other option you may want to try is to reset the computer with the modem plugged in; this will allow the modem to open correctly.

Please let me know how you get on with this :D

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
sqwelch - when you say a completely different layout, do you know what operating system this machine is using? Is it Windows, or is it Linux? Does it say on the box?

I'm going to take a punt, and guess that you've bought the Linux version, with Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it - in which case, the software Matt has linked will not work - you will want to follow the instructions on Betavine. Feel free to shout if you have any questions.
Neil