Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Netflix 139 error on Apple TV

keithtalent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have an Apple TV that I watch Netlfix through. I have in the past used my Vodaphone Sim in a mobile router to access Netflix but am now (last month or so) getting an error message when I go to watch a film on Netflix (Error 139 code) - everything else on the Apple TV works fine through the sim, and Netflix works fine through the broadband. So it seems like something is being blocked by the Vodaphone ISP - can this be unblocked, and how do I go about sorting that?

Any ideas appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@keithtalent I've done some digging on this for you and found the following troubleshooting steps: 
- Turn off your Apple device and wait for 30 seconds then turn it back on again.

- Check if the date and time of your device is accurate, go to:
 - Settings 
 - General
 - Date & Time and adjust time either manually or by choosing a time zone.

Please let us know how you get on with these steps :Smiling:

Dear Vodafone,

This trouble shooting still hasn't helped me.  I have reset everything, done the time zone and tried a separate network but I can only think it must be because of the 4G sim and the Apple TV put together, it also does the same with the Amazon fire stick.

Please help!

Many thanks,

Georgie

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gkirkclarke I'm sorry to see the above hasn't helped you out. 

You've mentioned you tried this on another network, did the issue still occur? 

Hi there, I'm afraid it still hasn't resolved the issue by using the network extender, i.e: so the wireless connection isn't directly inton the 4G router with the Vodafone sim card.  There didn't use to be a problem but it's probabl been an issue since October 2017.  So it once worked.  I've rest the apple TV, and the netflix account, and anything else I could find.  Is there any other info you found?  I'm guessing it's because it's from a mobile 4G sim, as it is find on a land line.

Many thanks,

Georgie

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Gkirkclarke It's disappointing to hear you're still getting this error 😞

You mentioned that this service was working fine up until October, did you do an update around this time to 7.2.2? I've been scouring the Apple website and found a few people with similar problems.

Do you have this issue if you try and access Netflix using any other devices whilst connected to the 4G?