Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Never had 4G

Coco123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Bought pay as you go 4G + Vodafone R216 about two weeks ago and never had 4G signal, only 3G.

I'm located in London and tried several locations plus other people next to me have 4G working fine on their phones. Tried the SIM Card on a 4G phone and can only get 3G.

Been on the store, contacted the Chat support about 10 times, they've sent me a new SIM but still no 4G.

I can't even contact support as all options redirect me to voice machine IVRs. Terrible customer support so far.

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Coco123 I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a 4G connection.

So we're able to assist and check your account from our end, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. :smileyhappy:

Had 1 customer support reply and then they've stopped replying.

I still only have 3G on the UK. I had this SIM card on a different country and the 4G works fine. It's like Vodafone is deliberately not allowing access to 4G which is false advertisement and improper service downgrade.

Next step will be to send this case to Ofcom.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Coco123

As I understand it, a problem which can occur is that 4G is provisioned and listed on the account but hasn't activated properly and needs to be removed and re-added by customer service to fix the problem. It sounds rather as though Live Chat are seeing 4G on your account, and not trying the next stage, which is pretty disappointing.

You may have some luck phoning CS during standard office hours.