Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old SIM Card activation

cvdcamilleri
1: Seeker

Hi all,

I have received a Vodafone USB 3G Modem with a SIM in it. When I use it with Vodafone mobile partner, it says SIM Activation needed. I have no info about this SIM other than the numbers on the card, the IMEI and the serial no. How would I activate this SIM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @cvdcamilleri

If you have been given a device with an old SIM, there is an activation expiry date for the SIM. If the activate date has passed a Vodafone Store should be able to give you a replacement SIM although the SIM usually comes part and package with the device.

You don't mention the device you are using but the following links will help.  The first thing to do is download the software.  The SIM will be activated when you make a connection to the internet.  Any other information, including the mobile number of the device, your data pack and remaining data allowance will come up on your dashboard.

Mobile Broadband Software

I’ve just got a new Mobile Wi-Fi device. How do I get started?

Top up your phone, or add a Data Pack to your Mobile Broadband

If you have any problems, live chat or Customer Services will be able to help as will as Vodafone Store.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

When you place the SIM in the phone then in the phones settings - possibly the about phone section that info maybe displayed. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can activate SIM cards. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @cvdcamilleri

If you have been given a device with an old SIM, there is an activation expiry date for the SIM. If the activate date has passed a Vodafone Store should be able to give you a replacement SIM although the SIM usually comes part and package with the device.

You don't mention the device you are using but the following links will help.  The first thing to do is download the software.  The SIM will be activated when you make a connection to the internet.  Any other information, including the mobile number of the device, your data pack and remaining data allowance will come up on your dashboard.

Mobile Broadband Software

I’ve just got a new Mobile Wi-Fi device. How do I get started?

Top up your phone, or add a Data Pack to your Mobile Broadband

If you have any problems, live chat or Customer Services will be able to help as will as Vodafone Store.