main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Broadband

Only able to use GPRS

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
1: Seeker

For the past week I have not been able to obtain 3G in the SE4 area of London (Brockley/Crofton Park.  I have been able to obtain this in other London areas so nothing apparently wrong with the dongle or sim etc.  I saw that there had been problems in the area and that had been resolved although engineers were working in the area yesterday but now the coverage checker states that all is ok. But I am still not able to use 3G and so wondered if there still a specific problem for mobile broadband in this area.  Certainly it is not working for me and all was perfect before apart from the occasional outage but now has been a week so quite concerned

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @Scicli

As your aware maintenance work has been carried out and completed on the 12/1/18. 

"Great news – we've recently carried out some maintenance in this area to help improve our mobile network, we’re sorry if you experienced any issues with your service between 08:00 12 Jan 2018 and 20:00 12 Jan 2018. Still having trouble? Please get in touch with us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)."

It can sometimes take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
3 REPLIES

Hi @Scicli

As your aware maintenance work has been carried out and completed on the 12/1/18. 

"Great news – we've recently carried out some maintenance in this area to help improve our mobile network, we’re sorry if you experienced any issues with your service between 08:00 12 Jan 2018 and 20:00 12 Jan 2018. Still having trouble? Please get in touch with us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)."

It can sometimes take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
1: Seeker

Many thanks for this, I did not realise or appreciate this. Hopefully all will be back in working order soon!

View more options

Hopefully Yes your service will be resumed asap. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options